Tensorpack is a training interface based on TensorFlow.
It’s Yet Another TF wrapper, but different in:
Focus on training speed.
Speed comes for free with tensorpack – it uses TensorFlow in the efficient way with no extra overhead. On various CNNs, it runs 1.5~1.7x faster than the equivalent Keras code.
Data-parallel multi-GPU training is off-the-shelf to use. It is as fast as Google’s official benchmark. You cannot beat its speed unless you’re a TensorFlow expert.
See tensorpack/benchmarks for some benchmark scripts.
Focus on large datasets.
It’s painful to read/preprocess data through TF. Tensorpack helps you load large datasets (e.g. ImageNet) in pure Python with autoparallelization.
It’s not a model wrapper.
There are already too many symbolic function wrappers. Tensorpack includes only a few common models, but you can use any other wrappers within tensorpack, including sonnet/Keras/slim/tflearn/tensorlayer/….
See Tutorials to know more about these features:
- User Tutorials
- Extend Tensorpack
- API Documentation
- tensorpack.dataflow package
- tensorpack.dataflow.dataset package
- tensorpack.dataflow.imgaug package
- tensorpack.input_source package
- tensorpack.models package
- tensorpack.callbacks package
- tensorpack.graph_builder package
- tensorpack.train package
- tensorpack.predict package
- tensorpack.tfutils package
- tensorpack.tfutils.collection module
- tensorpack.tfutils.gradproc module
- tensorpack.tfutils.tower module
- tensorpack.tfutils.scope_utils module
- tensorpack.tfutils.optimizer module
- tensorpack.tfutils.sesscreate module
- tensorpack.tfutils.sessinit module
- tensorpack.tfutils.summary module
- tensorpack.tfutils.varmanip module
- tensorpack.tfutils.varreplace module
- Other functions in tensorpack.tfutils module
- tensorpack.utils package
- tensorpack.utils.argtools module
- tensorpack.utils.concurrency module
- tensorpack.utils.fs module
- tensorpack.utils.loadcaffe module
- tensorpack.utils.logger module
- tensorpack.utils.serialize module
- tensorpack.utils.stats module
- tensorpack.utils.timer module
- tensorpack.utils.viz module
- tensorpack.utils.gpu module